Monday, January 22, 2007

I was having a perfectly awful day at work when a friend put everything in perspective for me.


Hey Girlfriend,

I just need to vent right now and I know you will listen. I am PISSED at George Bush!!!! My daughter's boyfriend was killed in Iraq over the weekend. What the hell are we doing over there anyway? I cant make any sense of this. His name was Shawn #####, 23 years old, his whole life ahead of him. He was in the Army. I know it was his choice to join but it wasnt his choice to die. I am sorry for my rambling. Will write more when I can stop crying. Thanks for listening.


Kim


Kim and I have been friends since elementary school. We have shared everything in the past 25+ years and yet I am totally at a loss for words. I would like to tell her that the Democrats in office are going to investigate the actions of this White House Administration. That Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid will lead the Congress in impeaching this son of a bitch for crimes against humanity and that he will spend the next 10 years defending himself in courts around the world.

Unfortunately, that's not going to happen.

Even if impeached, Bush will never face a jury of his peers (so to speak). He will never be put on trial in the World Court. And the chances are great that he will live out the rest of his natural life in relative comfort down in Paraguay, far away from his political enemies. And we will continue to pay for his greed and corruption.

And the family members of kids like Shawn will spend the rest of their lives wondering why.

5 Comments:

At 1/22/2007 03:19:00 PM, Blogger not_over_it said...

Ug. That's awful. :(

Why did you ever stop blogging, IJ?

This is some good sheet.

I mean, not the sadness, but me likey your bloggie.

 
At 1/22/2007 07:43:00 PM, Blogger Elderta said...

Wow, I'm so sorry about this. how horrible. ugh. i'm so nervous about my great nephew who is over there. my cousin had been there, but he wasn't in a combat unit, while my great-nephew (all of 21 years old) is in the infantry. it makes me so jittery.

anyway, deepest condolences to your friend and her daughther.

 
At 1/24/2007 04:03:00 PM, Blogger Elderta said...

hey IJ, a question... how's that little zooey tom cat doing? is he all better now? :)

 
At 1/24/2007 09:34:00 PM, Blogger InternetJunkie said...

Zoey is doing just fine.

The "Impregnator" is getting on in years and hasn't left my mudroom since his illness. He's still very skinny but happy at having a cushy chair and 3 squares a day.

Thanks for asking.

 
At 1/27/2007 10:59:00 AM, Blogger Elderta said...

He's very lucky to have found you! YAY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home