Friday, February 16, 2007

Thank God It's Friday!

I'm finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

It's been a really long week but for the members of the Senate there will be no rest for the wicked. Sen. Harry Reid has decided to stick the Republicans feet to the fire and make them work through the weekend. Serves them right for turning tail on their own bill, especially Sen. Warner.

I'll probably watch the dog and pony show on CSPAN, and keep track of how many times McConnell and the other Cheney lap dogs invoke 9/11 and "not supporting the troops". Not much fun but it beats a root canal. And it's certainly better than doing laundry or cleaning up after the cats.

Good times, good times.

On the plus side, the National Weather Service is saying that some relief is in sight for the few, the proud, the frozen. Warmer winds are supposed to be blowing in from the Pacific and those of us in the Midwest and Northeast will be experiencing a heat wave - temps might actually get above freezing.

And, even though I have been grumbling about lack of sleep, I am only a few hours away from a new record of overtime on my timesheet. I might even be able to splurge and put meat in my Hamburger Helper.

Since I'm always talking about my kids, I figured I'd quit the week with a picture of four of my brats when they were still of managable size.

Big, Buddy, Mittens and Sydney - When they were angels


Hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay warm.

5 Comments:

At 2/17/2007 03:10:00 PM, Blogger eyedoc333 said...

Great pic!

Stay warm, IJ!

 
At 2/19/2007 12:03:00 AM, Blogger Elderta said...

Cute brood!

 
At 2/21/2007 03:56:00 PM, Blogger billie said...

god bless you! you have 4! 2 are enough for me. you should be interested to know that 1) the snow is melting here in broome county and 2) mccain has insulted and apologized cheney all in one week on the not-yet-official campaign trail. thought i would keep you in the loop :)

 
At 2/22/2007 08:14:00 AM, Blogger InternetJunkie said...

Betmo - Take that 4 and multiply by 5. Apparently there is a secret language among stray cats because they all show up on my doorstep. I'm not quite at collector status but I'm ready to run away from home if any more show up.

As for McCain, I thought his lips were surgically implanted on Bush's butt.

Glad to hear the snow is melting. Hopefully the woodchuck got it right this year and spring is only 3 weeks away.

 
At 3/06/2007 11:46:00 PM, Blogger Elderta said...

Hey! How's the brood doing??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home